Information Technology and Statistics Training Center “ITSTC” is the only training Center specialized in Information Technology & Health Informatics in the Egyptian governmental health sector.
Health informatics department was established in October 2012 as a direct result of the change in the center vision and activities towards Health informatics.We expand our activities to cover consultation services, as well as research activities in the field of biomedical informatics in addition to our main activity of training.
To be a leader in establishing, developing and educating the professional practice of health informatics through several approaches that involve building a qualified staff, Establishing policies and standards, conducting researches and providing consultancy in health informatics field to help improving the quality and safety of health care services.
- Participate in Strategic planning for Health information systems implementation and health IT Governance.
- Build informatics capabilities by design and implement training programs tailored to meet the different requirements.
- participate in Establishing policies and standards that help in the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology within the healthcare organizations, in accordance with international standards.
- Provide consultancy services in Health informatics field for health care institutions.
- Support the scientific research and innovation in the discipline of health informatics.
- Launch and manage initiatives and scientific conferences in health informatics discipline.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of health information systems in accordance to the standards and policies that have been developed.
- Engage stakeholders to develop health informatics change management strategies in order to ensure successful implementation of health information systems.
We are an International Non-Profit Partner Member of Information Management Systems Society “HIMSS.”